At our March meeting we handed in our Charity 9-patch "I Spy" blocks... They were sorted into groups of 6. Members took them home with coordinating fabric to make quilt tops.
Then we swapped our Japanese + and X blocks
|For our Discussion/Brainstorming, Jill brought in some beautiful hand dyed fabric from Uganda that she bought at the AQS quilt show in Lancaster. She wanted ideas for what she could do with it.|
Members brought in their favorite quilt books- Here is a list of some of our favorites!
- Modern Minimal: 20 Bold & Graphic Quilts by Alissa Haight Carlton
- City Quilts by Cherry House
- Karen K. Stone Quilts by Karen K. Stone
- Modern Quilts, Traditional Inspiration: 20 New Designs with Historic Roots by Denyse Schmidt
- Quilting Line and Color by Yoshiko Jinzenji
- Modern Mix by Jessica Levitt
- Simplify with Camille Roskelley
- Practical guide to Patchwork by Elizabeth Hartman
- Collaborative Quilting by Freddy Moran and Gwen Marston
- Creative Quilting: Inspiration, Texture and Stitch by Sandra Meech
What are some of your favorite Modern Quilt books?
Show and Tell:
|Cathy's block made from scrap swap scraps and animal baby quilt|
|Tricia's Watercolor and applique wall hanging. |
She added borders using ribbon.
|Candy's NEW pattern "Flock of Geese" !|
|She used Flock by Thomas Knauer|
|Jill's Owl quilt for her daughter and Improve quilt top from Denyse Schmidt workshop|
|Tricia's Square baby quilt and quarter log cabin quilt.|
|Pam's baby quilt|
|Tricia's coin purse|