The fabrics for the MQG Michael Miller Fabric Challenge were handed out.
- The challenge runs from March 2014-June 23, 2014.
- Winners announced July 8, 2014
- Members may make anything they want as long as it is quilted!
- Add in any solid or Michael Miller printed fabric.
- You do not need to use all the fabrics given to you.
- Upload and share your photos to the Fabric Challenge Forum on the Community site.
- MQGs can create guild specific challenges, as long as the other guidelines are upheld.
- Don’t forget to use the #mqgfabricchallenge on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter!
- See the members Community site for sign ups.
- Fabric sign ups end Feb 28th, 2014
Andrew will be giving a talk about the Modern Quilt movement at the ArtQuilt Elements show in Wayne on Saturday. Members are invited to come and show their quilts during the talk. Info on the show can be found here.
He also had fabric for those interested in creating blocks for Julie Herman, the founder of our guild. The information on block creation is here. You can contact Andrew for the fabric.
The charity quilt was brought from the retreat. Big thanks to Bobbi for piecing it and everyone who made a block.
Our show and tell had some great quilts! Jordan showed a quilt that her mother made at 14 and never finished. She finished it by hand quilting it!
And she had this family quilt she also hand quilted for her mother.
Sheila showed her Slice of Life quilt:
Kari finished her pillow from the class at the retreat:
Irene brought her triangles quilt top:
Michelle showed her Rock Candy placemat (pattern from Jaybird Quilts):
And she had her divided basket (pattern from Noodlehead):
Pat showed her Caddy Pad Jr:
and asked for input on her backing and binding choices for her round robin quilt:
Ruth showed her yellow and black quilt:
Next meeting will be May 20th.